Global Village is a world music radio show distributed to public and community radio stations across the United States. The program has been on the air locally since 2007 on KMUW-FM, Wichita Public Radio, and distributed across the U.S. since 2010. The program airs daily and has aired on over 130 stations across the U.S. In April, 2013, Global Village also began airing on the 62-station Radio New Zealand National public radio service. It was the Reader's Choice World Music Award winner for Best World Music Radio Show for 2012, and Number Four in the Public Radio Exchange (PRX) Zeitfunk Awards for Most Licensed Series. Global Village is hosted by radio host/producer and freelance writer Chris Heim (WHPK, WJKL, WXRT, WBEZ, KMUW). It is a production of KMUW, Wichita Public Radio and is distributed through the Public Radio Exchange.
- "Chicago Native Returns To Local Airwaves With 'Global Village' Show". Chicago Radio and Media. 25 September 2013. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- . F5. Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- "NPR show wins awards and international attention". Apr 16, 2013. Archived from the original on 19 December 2013. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- "Global Village, KMUW earn national honors". Wichita State University. Mar 5, 2012. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- "Zeitfunk Awards: 2012". PRX. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- "News & Notes: Brotha Fred; Nick Digilio; WGN-TV; Joey D'Auria; Eddie Ybarra; WXRT-FM; Tom Boerwinkle; Much More". Chicago Radio and Media. 27 March 2013. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- Global Village Facebook page
- Global Village on KMUW, Wichita Public Radio: